Summer started a little bumpy, but I think I found a piece of sturdy ground to stand on and am beginning to lay the stepping stone for the path ahead, just one stone at a time. Or maybe in another point of view, I am finally feeling the path God has for me and I am learning to follow (again). I think everything begins with me, that I control the environment around me, I am the one determining the weather in my life. Even though summer is ending and fall is here soon, I feel like I need to start my own spring. A fresh, new, happier me maybe ?
To start off, lately, I have not exercise, watch my eating habit, or sleep properly. All this leads to a little belly fat which all girls seem to be deadly afraid of. I am not fat my any mean and I am comfortable with my weight, but I think I can definitely look a bit toner, and maybe getting rid of the belly fat would help. Of course having both my mom and dad comment on my growing belly help push me to change the way I live, growing healthy emotionally starts with growing physically healthy first. Blogging about it also helps to keep me on track, so here’s what I am coming up with so far:
1. Cut down on the artificial sugar (soda, boba, cookies, candies, etc …)
2. Drink more water
3. Get at least 7 hours of sleep and get into a regular sleeping pattern (maybe sleep by 10 PM and get up by 5 AM to accommodate working schedule)
4. Pack my lunch – staying with real food instead of processed food as much as possible
5. Get an exercising routine (big or small – more likely to be small than big)
After school begins, my ultimate goal is to : Leave all work at school, home should be for friends, family, and me. This may mean going to work at 6:30 AM and leave work at 6:00 PM to avoid all traffic. Long hours, which means I need to pack lunches, but will probably be good for me if I can stick with it.
I have started on some of my goals today, and hopefully will try to keep it up as much as I can:
1. Made Dr.Oz’s Weight-Orade which is meant to boost metabolism and the best part is that the mint leaves and kumqua all comes from my own garden, while I love green tea in general, so it’s only natural for me to start off this way. If you want the the recipe, it’s here. I am going to try to drink at least 16 oz a day, which is not much, but it’s a start.
2. Made a purchase for the EasyLunch Box System and pin a whole loads of ideas so I can start packing my own lunch when work begins. This will allow me to stay at school longer and do work rather than bringing it home and get stressed out over it when it’s not done. $21 dollars for a whole set, not bad:
Goal for tomorrow: Get up at 8:00 AM, no more snoozing and no afternoon nap. I would say I am going to try to squeeze in a run, but I don’t think it’s going to be possible.
I am also going to do work for my National Boards Certification so that I won’t be drowning in work when the school year begins.
Yaye to new beginnings! And let’s pray I keep this up!