I’m on a roll these days, happier, satisfied, blessed. There is an unexplainable sense of satisfaction of life and loving the state that I am in. I don’t know if this is what mindfulness is all about, but I can’t escape the positivity that feel in the deepest part of my soul. I do falter in moments, but overall, I am happy with the exact state that I am in. Just enjoying the moment. Here are the few habits that I have adopted and it seems to contribute a lot to my satisfaction:
1. Running twice a week around Mile Square Park. I am running with a group of friends and I am constantly improving. The first week, I couldn’t even finish a mile without stopping and out of breathe. I am now running at least 3 miles non stop and hopefully the entire perimeter non stop soon. I love the fact that it’s doing good things for my body, strengthening while sweating to detox. I love it! I feel like I am invincible when I am on a run.
2. Packing lunch daily with little to no processed food and plenty of fruit and veggies. I am trying to stay away from processed food, that means no boba, no fast food, and nothing that comes out of a bag if possible. I have to admit that it is hard. I am still eating crackers here and there, but I always have at least one serving of fruit in my bag a day and I am eating small meals during my break. I am not perfect, I do throw away food, but I am getting better at finishing my food, clearing out the fridge with little to no waste. Also, the feeling of filling my grocery cart with fresh fruit and veggies make me feel like I am putting all the goodness in my body.
3. Water. Last year, I was drinking less than 16 oz. a day. This year, I try to finish at least 22 oz. a day and even more on run day. I love it! I also mix the water with green tea which is supposed to be filled with antioxidants and such. So proud of myself!
4. Saving work at work. I have been staying late almost everyday, even if it means I am locked in, but I am on top of grading, prepared for the next day, and feel like I am getting more done than usual. Once I get home, I don’t have to worry about work which makes my time at home even more precious. Does this mean I get everything done? No, but it’s a start and I will slowly speed up to make sure I get things done.
5. Sleeping on time. I have been forcing myself to a curfew of in bed my 10, which proves to be very successful. I am getting enough sleep and the morning is much more bearable now that I am getting at least 6 hrs of sleep a day. The next step is to set a curfew on the technology. This means no computer, tv, phone, etc… after a certain time. I think I can do it.
6. Spending time with family and friends. I have been closer with my family, taking them out to different places to eat, go to concert with the little sister, enjoying family time with my parents. I am also keeping my friends close by checking up on them, visiting them, and facetiming them to keep the fire alive. This has made my life busy, but satisfied. I am investing in the people who mean the most to me.
7. Worry less about church business. I have learned to let things go, depend on God and the faith of good people when it comes to church business. I do what I need to, but I try to not worry about it too much. I try not to care too much when things don’t go my way or people don’t show up. I just try to do and be the best I can and the rest, I leave it up to God. This has made my life a lot more enjoyable. Though, I think cutting church business out of my life in general might be a better solution.
8. living in tidy spaces. I try to keep my room and my classroom at work as clean as possible, putting things where they are supposed to go and not throwing them everywhere. This has really helped my life feeling less clutter and less stressful because I don’t have to clean as often.
9. I am investing in myself. I am getting a facial every month or so, keeping a regular skin routine to keep it looking radiant. This has been amazing because I can actually see the difference. I am also painting my nails every week. It makes me feel girly and pretty at the same time.
Goodness gracious, life is good right now. It’s not a false sense of hope and serenity either. I am just happy with where I am and it doesn’t really matter where I go from here. Hope I can keep this up. My time is about to come. Woo hoo! I think I got my bounce back.